In hopes of answering the most common issues that we have come across, we have prepared the following 'Must Read' document. We trust you will find it informative & helpful.
:: MUST READ ::
The following list of rules, regulations, and facts are the key to a SAFE and FUN ride for everyone, and are strictly observed & enforced by Horses on the Beach-Corpus.
THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULES.
· RIDERS MUST BE AT LEAST 6 YEARS OLD TO RIDE OUR HORSES. · RIDERS MUST WEIGH LESS THAN 275 POUNDS TO RIDE OUR HORSES · ONE HORSE -ONE RIDER. EACH RIDER MUST RIDE HIS/HER OWN HORSE. · RIDERS under 13 years of age MUST wear a riding helmet. · RIDERS between the ages of 13-18 MUST have a parent sign a waiver to ride without a helmet. · RIDERS that are 18 yrs and older are not required to wear a helmet. · Please BE HONEST WITH US ABOUT THE NUMBER OF TIMES YOU HAVE RIDDEN.The majority of our riders are beginner or first-time riders. We have designated horses for ALL rider experience levels that include BEGINNER, CHILDREN’S, INTERMEDIATE, and ADVANCED and need to pair you with the appropriate horse for your level of experience. · For advanced riders…we have horses that are very forward & just for you.
. All beach rides are Walk only, for the safety of our guests. · Please do NOT come to ride if you do not like horses, have physical health issues that could be irritated by riding, or are being unwillingly persuaded by others …This only ends up ruining the ride for you AND the rest of the group. Remember - we do not give refunds once we saddle the horse for you.
· RESERVATIONS ARE MADE & GUARANTEED BY CREDIT CARD ONLY. · ANY CHANGES/CANCELLATIONS TO A RESERVATION MUST BE MADE – AND ACKNOWLEDGED BY HORSES ON THE BEACH CORPUS STAFF - NO LATER THAN 8 PM THE NIGHT PRIOR TO THE RESERVATION. · RIDERS/LEGAL GUARDIANS MUST ARRIVE 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO RIDE TIMES TO FILL OUT PAPERWORK.
· SAME DAY CANCELLATIONS ARE NOT ALLOWED. · IF YOU DO NOT CALL TO CHANGE OR CANCEL RESERVATIONS MADE AT LEAST
ONE DAY PRIOR-YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE RIDES THAT YOU SCHEDULED.
· IF YOU DO NOT SHOW UP FOR YOUR RIDE YOU WILL BE CHARGED. · IF YOUR CREDIT CARD IS INVALID, WE WILL NOT HOLD A SPOT FOR YOU.
· LEAVING A VOICEMAIL TO MAKE A RESERVATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. We answer the telephone from 7:30 a.m. until 8 p.m. Seven days per week.If you get the answering service, we are helping other customers, please leave a detailed message. · *NO REFUNDS*
· ATTIRE: o Please wear footwear that will not fall off. Something with a heel is best; however, flip flops are still acceptable if that is all you have. o See above ‘RIDERS’ notes on helmets. · When you arrive, come into the office first to get signed in. We will then pair you with one of our horses. · We do not go into the water any deeper than the horse’s knee. · We do not ride through the line of seaweed. We do not wish to kill plant life or vegetation, nor do we want our horses to step on anything that could hurt them. · All of our horses are ridden in western saddles and reined western during our beach ride. · Bareback riding is not allowed. · The horses do not ride head to tail, you must steer them at all times. We will provide instruction on this. · Sometimes it is necessary to ride around objects on the beach - like cars, fishing poles, and dogs; your guide will help you get around these objects. · Do not get off your horse during the ride.If you drop something during your ride (like a camera, sunnys,footwear, hat, etc…) let the guide pick it up for you. If you dismount and the horse comes home without you; it is a very long walk back…
· We only
saddle the amount of horses that we take reservations for. It is
extremely uncomfortable for extra horses to remain standing and saddled. · For the safety of our horses and our riders - WE WALK ONLY! · Many of the horses you see on our property are RESCUED HORSES and may appear to be underweight, with scrapes and marks on their body. If you find this to be a cause for concern, please approach us with any of your inquiries. We know, love, and treat our horses well, and would love to share any of their histories with you. Go here for more information on our horses.
YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS
· Please carefully consider what you will need to bring for your ride. · Personal belongings such as purses, backpacks, and extra garments are not allowed on the ride and will have to be kept in your vehicle if you bring them with you. We cannot allow customer’s personal items to be left unattended on our premises at any time. ·WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEFT OR DAMAGE TO YOUR VEHICLE OR PERSONAL BELONGINGS WHILE ON OUR PROPERTY.
SPECIAL PRICING PACKAGES
· ASK ABOUT · GROUP RATES $$$ · MILITARY DISCOUNT AVAILABLE FOR ACTIVE & RETIRED SERVICE MEMBERS (MUST show ID to receive discount)
Lessons are currently not available at our ranch location.
· We accept cash and most major credit cards as forms of payment. Sorry, no checks.
ALL OF OUR RULES AND REGULATIONS ARE DESIGNED TO PROTECT OUR HORSES AND KEEP OUR RIDERS SAFE!